The Gators & The PlanetSustainability
Purplegator recognizes that “business as usual” can mean the environment suffers. However, the folks of Purplegator are far from usual. We pride ourselves on rising above the status quo. The Gators are committed and enjoy finding ways to reduce the environmental impact of our work.
It is our policy to:
- Work remotely from our respective home offices 90-100% of the time.
- Share a coworking space when a physical meeting location is necessary.
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid using paper wherever possible—for example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files.
- Recycling equipment that is no longer of use to the company. For example, giving away items such as computers and printers that we no longer use.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, we are using low energy light bulbs throughout and ensuring that we shut down our computers after work.
- Reuse paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by using instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone, and email.