Manage Your Online Reputation
Pizza Marketplace recently posted an infographic from websitebuilder.com about Online Reviews.
The undeniable truth is this: Online reviews really can make or break your business. Are you managing your online reputation on a daily and weekly basis? Here’s why you should.
- Consumer reviews are trusted nearly 12x more than information from a company
- Reviews contribute 10% to Google SERPs (Search Engine Results Page)
- For every boost in a star a business gets, there will be a 5-9% increase in revenue
- 86% of people will hesitate to purchase from a company that has negative reviews.
- 61% of consumers have read online reviews about a restaurant
- 77.9% of consumers think other travelers’ online reviews are extremely or very important for deciding where to stay
Top industries impacted by online reviews
- Doctors’ offices / Hospitals
- Hotels / Travel
- Hair Salons
According to the study, when a business responds to a negative review on social media and online ratings sites, a third of customers either deleted their original negative review or replaced it with a positive one. Many went on to become loyal customers, making future purchases.
No matter your industry, there are multiple sites where people can and DO leave reviews. Purplegator has a product called Gator Local that helps you to manage your reviews on many platforms. Gator Local allows you to take action: thank people for positive reviews and to handle negative reviews quickly.