5 Important Reasons to use Video in Your Marketing
Did you know that both YouTube and the iPhone are only 10 years old? It’s hard to deny the impact that both have had on how we communicate, how we gather information, and how we may need to update the ways we market our businesses.
Have you considered adding video to your marketing mix? Here are 5 important Reason to Use Video:
- It’s a preferred method of gathering information. Your customers likely watch videos. Research tells us that 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
- Search: Many online search results are a link to a video. Find an answer or a solution that people are looking for and make a quick video about it. It doesn’t have to be long, in fact 30 seconds to 2 minutes is optimal. What do your customers want to know about? How to measure a room for drywall? What’s the proper grind for French press coffee? What should they know before they buy tires? Your company is full of highly experienced people – also known as industry authorities. Make some quick videos with their answers and insight. PS if you’re wondering why video shows up in search: Google – the world’s #1 search engine owns YouTube, which has over 1 billion users (that’s almost 1/3 of the internet.) Source: YouTube Press
- Reach: If you have a Facebook page or are considering some Facebook advertising, it’s important to note that Facebook’s algorithm favors video. A recent Purplegator client campaign included a Facebook video ad. In the first 5 days, the campaign reported over 37,000 impressions and 525 clicks to the client’s website. 492 of those clicks were on the video, which had also been shared over 125 times. Think of a share like a “super click”. Someone saw the video and thought it was interesting and compelling enough to share with friends, giving more free eyes on the ad. Videos give you the opportunity to reach and engage with your customers on an emotional level. They are easy to interact with and to share. Also, you can remarket to people who have watched your video, making them a highly targeted and engaged audience.
- Establish Authority: Video gives you the ability to talk about what you’re an expert in. It allows you to build a deeper level of trust with your audience. And, with enough video content, your videos will show up where your audience is searching. Customers and prospects may ask a question online and you and your company can show up with the answer.
- It’s easy and affordable. If your company has existing video, it can be uploaded and used as a video ad on Facebook and can also be used as a pre roll ad on YouTube – the videos a person has to watch prior to watching another video. NOTE: If you don’t already have a video, we can help you create one with images and even video clips from your suppliers.
Today’s consumer values authenticity over professional quality. It’s easy to set up a Q&A in your office, conference room or outside. All that’s required is a smart phone or camera and perhaps a small microphone. Do a live broadcast from an educational event with one of your suppliers. Make a quick video tour of your business. Introduce some of the people behind the scenes. Do you host a customer appreciation BBQ? It’s a perfect time to get some quick video testimonials. The important thing is to start creating video content for your business.
Many business people believe that they cannot afford to do video. The truth is, you can’t afford NOT to.
= = =
For more information about using video in your marketing or social mobile advertising, contact Bob Bentz, President, Purplegator firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-254-7191